Server Status

Currently Recruiting

Last Forum Posts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSillythings
In-Game Lowest Rank

re: Ret BiS 5.4

This is a list derived from MMO-champion based on Anaxie's and others on the ret paladin forum. Me and a ex guildy Tanyn@runetotem have done some research into the gear and and how to use each trinket.

Note on Gear: We are leaning hard onto mastery this tier! After a certain haste cap we will be going into mastery and pushing that very hard. As for t15 4pc and t16 4pc. t15 4pc is being looked at for single target and t16 4pc is looking better for AE style of fights. Once we get into T16 its beginning to look like we're pushing enough haste to simply put exo out of the rotation. We get our tier bonus just from procing exo we dont have to use it. As well as mastery making every other spell hit harder than exo and making exo hit like a wet noodle.

Some tidbits of information taken from MMO-Champion forums. People were testing trinkets, etc on the PTR. None of this stuff is set in stone so take it for what it is.. hearsay information from the PTR. (Remember these are quotes. Spelling errors and crappy grammar is not me.)

Evil Eye of Galakras Information:

Quote #1:
"Allright so apparently it's not a flat 39% reduction, the 39% one is actually 28% and the Heroic Warforged with 50%is actually 33.33333%. Just gonna copy paste how it was explained to me.

Think of it this way. If you increase RATE by 100% you will get your CD back twice as fast. If you DECREASE the duation its on cd by 100%, you have it back instantly.

The cooldown recovery rate increase is currently 39% as stated by the item's tooltip - but this is not the same as a cooldown reduction of 39%. In actuality the cooldown time is reduced by around 28% as a result of the increased recovery time (given by cooldown reduction percentage = 100(1-(1/1.39))."

Quote #2:
"So was testing the new trinkets and cloak on the PTR, I bought the 39% CDR trinket and give or take a few seconds, my wings should be on a 1min12sec CD, however it was on a 1min26sec CD. Divine protection should be 18 seconds but is 21.6 seconds. Guardian should be around 1min50seconds but was around 2min10sec. And it doesn't affect Devotion aura at all anymore."

Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen Information:

Quote #1:
"The cloak, after about 6 minutes did around 3.7% of my damage on single target using normal rotation. Was about 8% for my DK friend. Not a big enough sample to take serious and i'll test some more later but just posting first results.

edit: Cloak doesn't prooc of Censure either."

Quote #2:
"Here is a 10min log of hitting the dummy with the legendary cloak. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...6fu/details/3/
i have not been able to get it to proc from exorcism but it is proccing from judgment while standing at range"

Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun Information:

This is what is on the PTR currently: Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun
(2/2 Upgraded Heroic-TF)
Live: 1715 Strength every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. (Approx. 0.616 RealPPM) ** This # is the only one I could find. It may be way off. I just put it out there for reference.
PTR: 1715 Strength every 1 second for 10 seconds. (Approx. 1.21 PPM)

Rotation:

Quote #1:
"Inq>ES(optimal)>TV/DS 5HP P(<2sec)>HoW>CS>Judge>Exo P>4pc

as you can see, theres going to be quite a bit of micro-managing with what we have going on, our trinket procs are extremely predictable and often line up well with wings and guardian. so changing the above rotation a bit to squeeze off harder hitting abilities as trinkets/buffs are falling off will become more common and easier to manage."

Quote #2:
"Just a slight update to the above rotation. Exorcisms damage is becoming pitiful to other options because of poor scaling/DPE and is being pushed to the back of the rotation. Also, due to the synergy between DP/4pc and the ability for TV/DS to essentially generate HP the 4pc proc is being shifted up quite a bit. Something like this. Inq > ES> TV/DS5 > DP(< 2sec)> 4PC(if dp not up)> HoW > CS > J > DP > exo."

Cooldown Usage:

Quote #1: (myself, bad taste? )
"I'm pretty sure we're going to be sticking with Sanctified Wrath until we pickup the 4pc T16. After that we'll be using Divine Purpose. With the CDR trinket this will all change too, remember? Avenging Wrath will be more like 1m26s CD. Guardian of Ancient Kings will be more like 2 min 10 seconds with SW/DP. So, it'll end up being like..

---
0:00 - GoAK
0:10 - AW
---
1:36 - AW
---
2:10 - GoAK
---
3:02 - AW
---
4:20 - GoAK
4:30 - AW
---"

This is just a quick & dirty list of Retribution pieces. I didn't include everything just the best itemized for our stats currently (can change). I have not figured out the exact stats and best offsets, trinkets, etc I will do when it's easier to make an item set.

Tier Pieces:
Helm - Helmet of Winged Triumph - Thok the Bloodthirsty ****
Shoulders - Pauldrons of Winged Triumph - Seigecrafter Blackfuse ****
Chest - Battleplate of Winged Triumph - Sha of Pride ****
Gloves - Gauntlets of Winged Triumph - General Nazgrim ****

** Protection piece w/ good stats: Handguards of Winged Triumph

Non-Tier w/ Good Stats:
Legs: Legplates of Unthinking Strife - Garrosh Hellscream ****

** Legplates seem like the logical offset piece. Our tier has Crit on them currently.

Cloak:
Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen - Legendary Questline

Rings:
Asgorathian Blood Seal - Seigecrafter Blackfuse ****
Seal of the Forgotten Kings - Secured Stockpile ****

Necks:
Juggernaut's Ignition Keys - Iron Juggernaut ****

Boots:
Wolf-Rider Spurs - Earthbreaker Haromm ****

Belts:
Demolisher's Reinforced Belt - Iron Juggernaut ****

Wrists:
Bubble-Burst Bracers - Immerseus ****

Trinkets:
Evil Eye of Galakras - Galakras
Thok's Tail Tip - Kor'kron Jailer

Weapons:
Britomart's Jagged Pike - Kor'kron Jailer ****
Greatsword of Pride's Fall - Sha of Pride
Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful - General Nazgrim
Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl - Garrosh Hellscream

** ANY weapon is a huge upgrade. Polearm is the best, but any of these can be worked around.
Non-BiS Items

Tier Pieces:
Legs - Legplates of Winged Triumph - Paragons of the Klaxxi

Non-Tier w/ Good Stats:
Helm: Thranok's Shattering Helm - Galakras
Gloves: Corruption-Rotted Gauntlets - Immerseus

If No Legendary Cloak: Drape of the Despairing Pit - Norushen

Rings:
Devilfang Band - Kor'kron Jailer
Bloodclaw Band - Earthbreaker Haromm
Sorrowpath Signet - He Softfoot

Necks:
Malkorok's Tainted Dog Tags - Malkorok

Boots:
Greaves of Sublime Superiority - Sha of Pride
Malkorok's Giant Stompers - Malkorok

Belts:
Poisonbinder Girth - He Softfoot
Ashen Wall Girdle - Earthbreaker Haromm

Wrists:
Bracers of Blind Hatred - Norushen
Wall-Borer Bracers - Iron Juggernaut

Trinkets:
Fusion-Fire Core - Norushen
Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman - Skeer the Bloodseeker
Unnamed Str/Haste Proc Trinket - Unknown

Weapons:
Greatsword of Pride's Fall - Sha of Pride
Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful - General Nazgrim
Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl - Garrosh Hellscream

Gear done by boss. This is also a quick & dirty list. There are multiple rings, trinkets and weapons. Once I do the math for caps, stat weights, etc I will update this post.

Immerseus
--Bubble-Burst Bracers (Wrists) ****

The Fallen Protectors
-- NLA

Norushen
-- Fusion-Fire Core (Trinket) Cleave Trinket. Will be used in some fights.

Sha of Pride
-- Battleplate of Winged Triumph (Chest) ****
-- Greatsword of Pride's Fall (Weapon)

Galakras
-- Evil Eye of Galakras (Trinket) ****

Iron Juggernaut
-- Demolisher's Reinforced Belt (Belt) ****
-- Juggernaut's Ignition Keys (Neck) ****

Earthbreaker Haromm
-- Wolf-Rider Spurs (Boots) ****

General Nazgrim
-- Gauntlets of Winged Triumph (Gloves) ****
-- Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful (Weapon)

Malkorok
-- NLA

Spoils of Pandaria
-- Seal of the Forgotten Kings (Ring) ****

Kor'kron Jailer / Thok the Bloodthirsty
-- Britomart's Jagged Pike (Weapon) ****
-- Helmet of Winged Triumph (Helmet) ****
-- Thok's Tail Tip (Trinket) ****

Siegecrafter Blackfuse
-- Asgorathian Blood Seal (Ring) ****
-- Pauldrons of Winged Triumph (Shoulders) ****

Paragons of the Klaxxi
-- NLA

Garrosh Hellscream
-- Legplates of Unthinking Strife (Legs) ****

**** - Denotes tenative BiS items.
NLA - No Loot Available
** Edited on 8/18 with the BiS being a little more clear. Any weapon will be a huge upgrade, so I left all of them in.

Macstallion. <http://aoa.dkpsystem.com/> 10/4/13.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Demonic Hordes Forum Index -> Paladin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: